Importance of Weight Management to Your Overall Health.Weight management can be described as a process that contributes to the goal of achieving a healthy weight. Weight management is a technique or strategy that promotes the eating of healthy food, regular physical activities, and monitoring of the measurement of your weight over a long period.
|Importance Of Weight Management - Image source-public domain|
1. Healthy LifeStyleAn ideal weight helps to lead a healthy lifestyle. Your weight tells how healthy you are. The rising rate of obesity in different parts of the world has compelled us to think of mastering weight management techniques.
Various studies have shown that increasing the rate of obesity is a major concern worldwide. About two-thirds of Americans are overweight or obese as per a study report of the US government. The situation is almost the same in Canada where 60% are overweight or obese.
Understanding the basic sciences of weight management and effective strategies for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight is very crucial in this scenario. Your overall health will be affected by your weight.
2.Cardiovascular disorders:A healthy cardiovascular system depends upon the healthy weight of your body. For attaining and maintaining a healthy weight an effective weight management program is essential.
4. Joins and Muscle problems:Because of the excess weight, you may suffer from various types of injuries. The excess weight of an obese person increases the strain on the bones, muscles, joints, ligaments, and even various organs of the body.
5. Overweight causes type 2 diabetes:You must be aware of Diabetes as it is one of the main causes of stroke and premature death. In the case of type 2 diabetes, your body is unable to break down the insulin properly. Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes and usually happens in people who are obese or overweight.
6. Risk of cancer:Overweight increases the chances of various types of cancer like colon cancer, rectum cancer, esophagus cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer, pancreas cancer, and endometrium cancer.
7. Sleep Disturbance:It is difficult for obese people to have sound sleep which is essential to lead a For people who have more fat stored around their necks their breathing cycle changes while they're asleep. Usually, people with this type of condition will have more pauses while they breathe during sleep.
8. High Blood PressureObesity is directly related to high blood pressure or hypertension. When you're obese or overweight condition your hypertension rises with the rise of your weight. Hypertension is responsible for various other diseases that can affect your overall health and reduce your life expectancy.
8. How Do You Know You're Ideal Weight or Obes?
9. How Can You Measure BMI?
BMI = [ Weight (lbs) / Height2 (inch 2) ] x 703
BMI = Weight / ( Height * Height )
weight is measured in kg and height in meters.
Imperial Units-The method of calculation is as below
BMI = Weight / ( Height * Height ) * 703
10. BMI calculator
Feeling Bored because of complicated math?
|BMI Chart gets an idea about your healthy weight that may be re required for Effective Weight Management Programme. Photo credit- Pinterest.|
Content published on www.edumediawellness.com is intended to be used and must be used for informational purposes only. It is very important to do your own analysis before making any decision based on your own personal circumstances. You should take independent medical advice from a professional or independently research and verify any information that you find on our Website and wish to rely upon. Please read carefully our Disclaimer and Term and Conditions.