Gymnema Sylvestre (Gurmar) Sugar Destroyer Vine -Uses & Benefits.
Gymnema Sylvestre is also called 'Gurmar' in India which means 'Sugar Destroyer' is a woody Vine that has been widely used for long times in Indian Ayurveda for the treatment of diabetes and many other ailments.
Gymnema Sylvestre is also known as Gurmur, Gurmar, Australian Cowplant, Chi Geng Teng, Periploca, and simply Gymnema.
1. Availability of Gymnema Sylvestre
🍀Western, Southern, and Centra India
🍀Southern China-Specifically the Guangdong, Guangxi, and Fujian provinces
🍀Some Other Asian Countries.
|Gymnema Silvestre/ Gurmar. Image Credit-Wikipedia|
Gymnema Sylvestre is widely used as healthy food in both developing and developed countries [like Japan, the USA, German, etc.] and is adequately available in those countries. The extract of G. Sylvestre plays a major role in blood glucose homeostasis through increased serum insulin levels and regeneration of the endocrine pancreas
2. Features of Gymnema Sylvestre
- It is a woody vine
- It has long and oval-shaped leaves.
- Leaves contain soft hairs on the upper surface
- Leaves contain triterpenoid saponins
- Its leaves contain flavonols.
- Its leaves contain gurmarin.
- Leaves and extracts of Gymnema contain gymnemic acids.
- It can suppress the taste of sweetness within a minute.
3. How It Can Hide The Taste Of Sweetness and How Long Last?
4. Constituents/ Components of Gymnema Sylvestre
- gymnemic acids
- amino acid
5. Use of Gumar (Gymnema Sylvestre) in Ayurveda
6. Use of Gymnema Sylvestre as a home remedy
7. Use of Gymnema Sylvestre in Homeopathy
8. Health benefits of Gymnema Sylvestre
a) Antidiabetes Effects
b) Effects on Obesity/Overweight
c) Anticancer Effects
d) Anti-inflammatory activity
e) Antioxidant Effects
f) Other Effects
- Cough and cold
- Asthma constipation,
- Microbial infections
9) Gymnema Supplements
Efficacies• Helps diabetes people in reducing sweet cravings.
• Promotes regeneration of beta cells.
• Increases insulin production by the pancreas.
• Lowering serum cholesterol and triglycerides.
• Reduces intake of insulin or oral compounds on long term usage of these tablets.
•Prevents the development of diabetes-related health problems.
Recommended and suitable forType I and type II diabetic patients
• Those with a family history of diabetes
• Women with gestational diabetes history
• For persons whose weight is over 20% of the optimal body weight
• People with high blood pressure
• People with abnormal cholesterol levels
• Older people
• Alcohol users & smokers
• People prone to infections
Contents 120 tablets per bottle
2 tablets each time twice daily, 1 ½ hrs before food.
Disclaimer:2Content published on www.edumediawellness.com is intended to be used and must be used for informational purposes only. It is important to do your own analysis before making any decision based on your own personal circumstances. You should take independent medical advice from professional or independent research and verify any information that you find on our Website and wish to rely upon. Please read carefully our Disclaimer and Term and Conditions.