The Health Benefits of Unani Medicine (Research-Based).
Brief History of Unani
- Separate enactment to regulate and promote education and training
- research institute,
- the regulations for the manufacture and practice of medicines.
Are Ayurveda and Unani Same?
The Principle of 7 Components.
- Elements (Arkan)
- Temperament (Mizaj)
- Humors (Akhlat)
- Organs and Organic Systems(Aada/Azza)
- Vital Spirit (Arwah)
- Powers Quwa)
- Functions (Afaal).
1. Elements (Arkan)
- The Temperament of Earth is Cold and Dry
- The Temperament of Air is Hot and Moist
- The Temperament of Water is Cold and Moist
- The Temperament of Fire is Cold and Dry.
2. Temperament (Mizaj)
3. Humor (Akhlat)
- Blood [Dam]
- Phlegm [Baigham]
- Yellow Biles [Safra]
- Black Biles [Sauda].
4. Organs (Aada/Aaza)
5. Vital Spirit (Arwah)
6. Powers/Faculties (Quwa)
Vital power (Quwa Haywaniyah)
7. Functions (Afaal)
Prevention in Unani
There are 6 essential pre-requisite for prevention in the Unani System.
2. Food and drinks
3. Bodily movement and response
4. Psychic movement and response
5. Sleep and wakefulness
6. Evacuation and retention
Diagnosis Process in Unani
- the body-making stuff/materials,
- kind of temperament,
- the structure of faculties or power, and
- some external environmental factors.
Diagnosis involves a thorough investigation of the causes of the disease
Methods of Unani Treatment (Therapy)
- Regimental therapy (Ilaj-bil-Tadbeer)
- Dietotherapy (Ilaj-bil-Ghiza)
- Pharmacotherapy (Ilaj-bil-Dawa)
- Surgery (Ilaj-bil-Yad).
Regimental therapy in the Unani System
10 Essential Techniques/Methods of Regimental Therapy
- Venesection (Fasd)
- Cupping (Al-hijama)
- Sweating (Ta'reeq)
- Diuresis (Idrar-e-Baul)
- Cupping (Al-hijama)
- Turkish bath (Hamam)
- Exercise (Riyazat)
- Purging (Ishal)
- Vomiting (Qai)
Health Benefits of Each method of Regimental Therapy in Unani Medicine:
- Relieve high blood pressure and Correction of blood-related problems
- Prevention of toxicity and accumulation of waste matter in the blood
- Excretion of waste matters from the body
- Boosting metabolic processes
- Correction of the hot element in the temperament
- Cure of certain menstrual disorders.
2. Cupping( Hejamah) Method
- Cleaning the skin of waste products.
- Prevent excess menstruation or epistaxis.
- Correcting liver diseases.
- Treating malaria and spleen disorders.
- Treating hemorrhoids, uterine inflammation, itching, boils, etc.
3. Sweating/Diaphoresis (Ta'reeq/Tariq)
4. Diuresis (Idrar-e-Baul)
5. Turkish Bath/Therapeutic Bath (Hamam)
- it increases metabolism
- it enhances the inner heat of your body
- it helps evacuate waste materials through the skin
- hammam is effective for healing skin diseases
- it is useful for relieving cervical and lumbar spondylosis
- it is effective in treating paralysis.