Incredible Health Benefits of Jiaogulan (Proven).
Jiaogulan or Gynostemma Pentaphyllum is a climbing vine also known as an immortality herb as it has multiple rejuvenation properties and other health benefits.
It's a climbing vine that's believed to promote a healthy and long life. The plant grows extensively in the mountain region of Southern China.
Its leaves are typically used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). It's used as a substitute for Ginseng. In modern times, fruits are also used to prepare medicine in China, Japan, and some other countries.
Jiaogulan is included in TCM during the last decade but it has a long history of folk use in the Guizhou province of China.
Affiliate/Sponsor Disclaimer: This content sponsor link means I'll get a commission if you buy any product or join as a distributor to promote the products associated with the link(s).
Apart from the use of alternative medicines, the herb is used as a functional food in many countries.
The leaves of Jiaogulan are considered a powerful adaptogen similar to ginseng.
This medicinal herb is used in many forms like tea, powder, tablets, and capsules.
The earliest documentation of Gynostemma Pentaphyllum was made in China in Ming Dynasty.
The plant was described by a Chines Physician Zhu Xiao over 600 years ago in his book Materia Medica for Famine.
But its use as a medicine was recorded first by Li Shizhen in his book ''Compendium of Materia Medica'' published in 1578.
The medicines prepared from Gynostemma Pentaphyllum are used to treat ailments as well as to prevent diseases.
Jiaogulan and Gynostemma Pentaphyllum are two popular names of this vine. But there are several other names used worldwide.
Table of Contents
- Various Names of Jiaogulan
- Chemical Constituents of Gynostemma Pentaphyllum
- Important Facts of Gynostemma
- Availability of Gynostemma Pentaphyllum
- Is Jiaogulan a Green Tea
- Why Jiaogulan is called Southern Ginseng?
- Use of Gynostemma Pentaphyllum
- Toxicity and Safety
- Who Should not Use Jiagulan?
- Tiens Cell Rejuvenation Capsules with Gynostemma Pentaphyllum
- My Suggestion
- Final Thoughts
Various Names of Jiaogulan
The scientific name of Jiaogulan is Gynostemma pentaphyllum (Thunb.) Makino.The other names Jiaogulan include the following:
- Gynostemma Pentaphyllum,
- Miracle Grass,
- Poor man's Ginseng,
- Five-leaf Ginseng,
- Southern ginseng,
- Fairy herb,
- Gospel Herb,
- and more.
Chemical Constituents of Gynostemma Pentaphyllum
Important Facts of Gynostemma
- It belongs to the genus Gynostemma and comes from the family of cucumbers or guards.
- One of the interesting features is each plant exists either as male or female. Eventually, to get seeds, both a male and female plant must be grown.
- Gynostemma Pentaphyllum tea is the only tea that contains no caffeine.
- Jiaogulan is a natural alternative sweetener.
- In Japan, Gynostemma is known as Amachazuru meaning the sweet tea vine.
- The aged people Guizhou province of China use this immortality herb regularly as they believe that the herb can increase longevity.
Availability of Gynostemma Pentaphyllum
Is Jiaogulan a Green Tea
Why Jiaogulan is called Southern Ginseng?
How to Extract & Purify Jiaogulan
Use of Gynostemma Pentaphyllum
The Impact of Jiaogulan on Your Health
Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Jiaogulan
Prevention of Cancer
Is cholesterol good or bad for your health?
Effects on the Health Conditions Lacking Evidence
Toxicity and Safety
Who Should not Use Jiagulan?
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- People with diabetes who are using insulin or under medication
- People with autoimmune diseases.
Tiens Cell Rejuvenation Capsules with Gynostemma Pentaphyllum
Tiens Jiaogulan/ Cell Rejuvenation is claimed to be effective in:
- Helps in reducing the contents of harmful lipid in blood & strengthens the cardiovascular system
- Improves body's blood circulation
- Helps in lowering blood sugar level
- Provides herbal support to the body
- Helps in activating metabolism
- Helps Prevent fat accumulation
- Remove toxic substances from your body
- Strengthens the immune system
- As a strong antioxidant, it helps remove free radicals
- Delays age-related degeneration
- Improves oxygen uptake in a low oxygen environment
- Helps in improving your vision
- Acts as a blood purifier
- Reduces bad cholesterol i.e low-density lipoprotein (LDL)
- Protects from stress and fatigue.
Content published on this site is intended to be used and must be used for informational purposes only. It is very important to do your own analysis before making any decision based on your own personal circumstances.
You should take independent medical advice from professional or independent research and verify any information that you find on our Website and wish to rely upon. Please read carefully our Disclaimer and Term and Conditions.